The below article is a purchase guide that provides information on how to make the best decision while choosing an air purifier.
Indoor air contaminants are just as dangerous as outdoor air pollutants. There are several components of indoor air pollution such as pet hair, cooking fumes, paint, particulate matter, dust, and molds. These indoor air pollutants can cause severe respiratory diseases and allergic reactions. There is no immediate fix to indoor or outdoor pollution. However, there are various preventive methods to stay in the best of health. One of them is the use of air purifier. If you intend to buy an air purifier India, you need to keep the following in mind:
• HEPA Filter: The High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter is one of the best air filters available in the market. Using the HEPA air purifier for your home can eliminate all airborne particles like dust, pollen, pet hair and molds. They are ideal for use, if any member of your family suffers from asthma. They are highly recommended as a preventive measure for asthma patients. HEPA filters are efficient as they remove small particulate matter with size of order 0.3 micrometers.
• Activated Carbon Filters: Paint fumes and cooking fumes are potential respiratory hazards. Activated carbon filters can eliminate these harmful gases and provide fresh air. However, carbon filters alone can only remove harmful gases but not the other pollutants. It is best to purchase an air purifier that comes with both the HEPA filter and carbon filters.
• Pre-Filters: The pre-filters in air purifiers are a must. They are responsible for filtering out the largely sized pollutants such as the pet hair, large dust particles, and even human hair. These pre-filters render longevity to the HEPA filters. They are washable and very economical.
• Ionizers: The ionizers enhance the freshness of air indoors. It attracts the dust particles on an electrically charged plate and hence, leaves the air free of pollutants.
• Purity Monitor: An air purity monitor is essential for constantly gauging the air pollutants present in the room on a real-time basis. High-end air purifiers make use of advanced laser scatter technology to detect particulate matter present in domestic areas. Air purifiers that come with a purity monitor can intimate the need to purify air whenever required.
• The most important factor for most people is the price of air purifiers. The air purifier price for high-end and efficient air purifiers starts from INR 8500 to INR 25, 000.
• Before you buy an air purifier, you must also take into consideration the operation noise of air purifiers and the Clean Air Delivery Rate or CADR. The noise must be less than 60 dB and the CADR must be high.
The important factors that you need to consider while purchasing air purifiers are the filter types, the CADR rate, the price, and the operation noise. However, gadgets are susceptible to break down occasionally and for that, you need to have an authorized service center for troubleshooting the problem. The best manufacturers will have a wide network of service centers across India. In addition, customer service is yet another criterion that you must keep in mind. The warranty period must also be checked before finalizing a purchase.