Best Immigration Consultant Edmonton

The Immigration Consultant Diploma program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of opportunities within the immigration consultancy field. During the duration of the program, students learn both the theoretical and practical aspects of the profession required to advise and represent potential immigrants before Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the Immigration and Refugee Board, and the Canadian Border Services Agency.

best immigration consultant Edmonton

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) are able to work and practice across Canada as well as in other countries. Graduates of the Immigration Consultant Diploma program may also find employment within immigration practices of law firms, immigration consulting firms and government agencies. To this effect, the program curriculum provides students with the various aspects of immigration law and rules of professional conduct. The program also aims to educate students in the skills necessary to apply this knowledge to represent clients and operate a successful immigration consultancy practice.

Career Opportunities Graduates of the Immigration Consultant program, once licensed, will be able to set up their own operation and work with their own clients. Some may prefer to work for an established firm. They can find work with immigration consultant firms, law firms, and with banks, corporations, government offices, and non-governmental organizations.

Duties & Responsibilities Immigration consultants provide legal services in the area of immigration law as permitted by legislation. Their duties may include the following:

Represent people applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for entry to Canada Represent clients before the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada Provide legal advice and prepare applications Represent individuals in proceedings Negotiate on behalf of clients Admission Requirements Successful completion of at least two (2) years of post-secondary education or equivalent; or A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience or equivalent; and Satisfactory language test score (passing grade of English or French test set by the education provider).


Leave a reply