All assignments must be handled carefully and diligently because it carries significance value in academics. Every student wants to submit a perfectly written assignment in order to impress his or her professors and ensure higher grades in academics. But due to the intricacies involved in the task, students often struggle to fulfill academic requirements. Naturally, they seek for comprehensive guidelines to craft an academic paper while following all provided requirements. To help those students who spend their time in searching for an assignment writing guide, we have assembled a brief guide on academic writing that contains all required guidelines for writing assignments for university in UK.
The elements of the paper:
An assignment paper is divided into different parts and section. Each part or section has its own purpose to serve. For example, an introduction is for making readers aware of the main ideas and writers’ opinion about the assignment topic. Likewise, every section like main body paragraphs and conclusion play a distinct role in developing an academic paper. But the number of sections and its order depends on the nature of the subject and the types of assignment paper students are assigned. If students need an immediate answer to a query, they can take instant assignment help from experts who remain 24×7 online for assisting students.
How to Avoid Plagiarism:
It is important that you avoid plagiarism in assignment writing. The reason is plagiarism can result in severe consequences in your academic life. So it is required that students know the tricks to avoid plagiarism while writing assignments for university. Here are a few tips to avoid plagiarism in academic writing –
- Cite references clearly
- Mark quotation clearly in order help readers understand
- Numbers the section consecutively
- Give all topics equal importance and ensure all have equal level of heading
- Include an index page in order to help readers navigate through the paper
- Follow preferred referencing style while citing the paper
- Insert a list of references in the end of the paper
- Apart from listing references at the end of the paper, cite references within the paper (in-text referencing).
What is an ideal structure of an academic paper?
Here is an example of an assignment structure that students need to follow while drafting academic paper on given topics –
Abstract (if required)
Tables of contents
- Relevance and description of the problem
- Analysis of possible perspectives on/solutions to the problem
- Problem statement/thesis statement
- Chosen methodology to prove or explain
- Description and analysis of existing theories related to the subject
- Empirical findings by others
- How the necessary information was collected
- Research design
- Explanation of results and its validation in this context
- Summing up the results from the analysis section
How the method has been used to get desired results
How the result has proved the writer’s stances
- What is the answer to problem statement?
- The discussion proves that the writer has established the points
- Putting the result into two perspective – positive implications and possible generalization for future research
- Did we find new issues that no one has discovered yet?
This is how an assignment should be crafted. But as mentioned above, the structure of an assignment also depends on the nature of the subject.
Undoubtedly, writing an assignment is a tough job. Learning a few tricks can help them reveal the secret of writing a good quality assignment on given or selected subject.